Community Food Educator
I offer a variety of workshops that explore community food systems (localized food buying models), eating and cooking in season, the relationship between food, wellness, and ecology, and the value of local and sustainable food systems.
Community Food Education includes:
- cooking demonstrations
- food tours (farmers market, grocery store)
- agritourism (farm tours, agricultural events)
- Educated Eater talks (what is…?)
I am available to speak to your group or at your conference about local food, community food systems, and building community around food.
I can speak about:
- developing and fostering urban/rural, farmer/eater relationships
- cultivating low-income participation
- addressing race/class/gender/able-bodied privilege within community food projects
- creative ways to engage audiences and build community
Fees and Compensation
My rate for these services start at $150. Please connect with me via phone at 347-927-0226 or email at email@example.com to discuss the scope of your project along with your budget. Individuals, groups, and organizations with limited financing are open to discussing compensation in the form of mutual aid.